Friday, May 7, 2010

Recaps?...

Ok, for those of you who read this blog (and I don't even know how many of you there are, if there are any at all...), have noticed I missed recaps for the past two weeks of AI.  I watched these episodes, but haven't had time to write since I was in NYC!!!! Yes, NYC!!!!

If you've read my little mini bio on this side, you may have noticed it's changed from Nashville to NYC to Chicago, and now back to NYC.  Obviously moving home has made me totally rethink my goals...and for the better, I believe.

I was a little nervous about even visiting New York.  I was afraid I'd be totally overwhelmed, and it had been a year since I'd seen my friends R and T....once I stepped out of that cab into Midtown (the Theatre District  at that), all those fears dissolved.  I was home.

I spent an amazing weekend seeing great stage...3 Off-Broadway shows (a play Gabriel at the Atlantic Theatre Company, a new musical The Burnt Part Boys at Playwrights Horizon, and one of the best musicals I've ever seen, Bloody, Bloody Andrew Jackson at The Public Theatre.  It was smart, witty, bitingly honest political satire.  With the hottest male lead, ever.) and 1 Broadway musical...the show I've been dying to see since they announced it was opening at Berkely Rep in CA...American Idiot.  It was exhilerating, and everything I hoped it would be.  It also included the most beautiful aerial ballet I've witnessed.

So, I'm giving myself two months to get myself together and get moved.  Finally, I'm making my lifelong dream come true...NYC, here I come!

1 comment: