Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hannah Montana Was A Great Mentor Choice When The Theme Was Teen Idols...Top 11

If only we could go back a year...Last year's Top 11 week, Kris Allen and Anoop Desai stepped out with amazing performances of "To Make You Feel My Love" and "Always On My Mind", respectively.  We also got to witness the crazy brilliance of Adam Lambert's "Ring Of Fire."

And then we have this year.  What a trainwreck last night was.  Any of them could go home and I really wouldn't care.  Last season was the only season I cared to go to the tour. There is no way I'm spending $70 to see any of these people.  Even Bowersox...

Lee Dewyze "The Letter"
This was definitely Lee's best performance, so far.  He's still so nervous, it makes me nervous.  I'm constantly afraid he's going to let leash one of his attrociously flat notes.  I'll bet he's a completely different guy off camera.  In fact, I'll bet he'll be the performer to just let loose on tour and everyone will change their mind about him.

Paige Miles "Against All Odds"
Wow, this single-handedly could be the worst vocals ever in the finals.  She murdered this song...not in a good way.  And it's not even a good song to begin with.  Since they didn't release a list of songs that were cleared on Itunes this week, we have no idea what they could have chosen from, but why would you choose this.  The most over-sung song in Idol history.  It was done Season 2 (Corey Clarke, bottom 2), Season 3 (George Huff), Season 4 (Jessica Sierra, Scott Savol), Season 5 (Kat McPhee).

Tim Urban "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"
He's really enjoying this heartthrob status he has.  I feel like he's pulling a Sanjaya, and knows that he's becoming a hated contestant.  The teeny bopper girls sure love him though. While this performance wasn't as terrible as Paige's, it was still pretty bad.  The vocals were just plain boring.

Aaron Kelly "Don't Wanna Miss A Thing"
Oh, he's so in love with Miley Cyrus...it's cute.  You could tell this was painful for him to sing.  It wasn't bad, but I felt for him having to sing through tonsillitis.

Crystal Bowesox "Me and Bobby McGee"
The most predictable song choice, ever.  She has a beautiful voice, but she bores me.

Michael Lynche "When A Man Loves A Woman"
Same with Michael, beautiful voice, this week, he was boring.

Andrew Garcia "I Heard It Through The Grapevine"
To be honest, I talked through most of this.  But Andrew is not good.

Katie Stevens "Big Girls Don't Cry"
Every song she picks, seems a good idea in theory.  She's just not as good of a singer as 1) they hyped her up to be, and 2) she thinks she is.  She is consistently flat.  She doesn't have her muscles developed enough yet to keep notes in tune.  I'm not even sure she has developed her ear enough yet to know she's flat.

Casey James "Power of Love"
Is he Huey Lewis' son, because vocally, he sounds identical.  I actually like this performance.  Casey is getting better every week.  I liked that he picked something out of the box.  He's playing to his fans.  There is no way he's not getting picked up by a Nashville label when this is all over.

Didi Benami "You're No Good"
Didi is playing a character, and it's not one that suits her well.  Is she trying to seduce Ryan, cuz it seems that way?  Miley may like her vibrato, but I can't stand it.

Siobhan Magnus "Superstition"
The screeches have to stop.  When Adam went for those wails, he did it with a musicality and attention to pitch.  Siobhan just lets out a scream.  Give her the 8 years Adam has on her, and she might understand the point of it.  Right now, they are just annoying.

I'm so bored with this show...this is definitely shaping up to be the worst season of Idol...

No comments:

Post a Comment